Sweden Work Visa Application Process in 2023 Have you planned a trip to Sweden but are unsure of what to do there? Not to worry! We will have your back. Today, we will explain the requirements for a Sweden Work Visa and how to process your visit to Sweden.
If you have received a job offer from a Swedish business or employer, you will need a work visa to enter the country. Alternatively, if you wish to travel independently, you will still require a visa. For this reason, we have created this post, which contains all the necessary information regarding the Swedish Work Visa’s requirements, eligibility, and application process. If you are seeking a Swedish work visa, this article is for you. Continue reading until the end to learn how to obtain a Swedish work visa.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive manual.
Sweden Work Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Foreigners
- Category: Work Visa
Also, Check: Dubai Work Visa Process 2023
Also, Check Australia Work Visa Process 2023
Who needs Swedish Work Visa?
Everyone except citizens of the EU/EEA and Switzerland. All other international candidates must obtain a Sweden Work visa to apply or work for any company or employer.
The following are the cases in which you don’t require a work permit,
- If you have a permanent residence permit.
- If you have a residence permit for purposes.
- If you hold a special residence permit for Research purposes.
- If you are an asylum seeker and hold an AT-UND.
- If you are a citizen of a European Union country.
Sweden Work Visa Requirements
To prepare you for the application for a work visa for Sweden, we have listed down all the requirements necessary for the procedure; these include;
- A valid passport
- A job offer from Sweden
- Contract letter from Sweden’s employer
- Proof of offered salary in compliance with the Swedish collective agreement
- Proof of a job offer that fulfills your living expenses and is enough to support you in Sweden, with at least €1,220 (SEK 13,000) per month.
- Proof of health insurance coverage, life, employment, and pension coverage by the employer.
You must meet all the requirements of a single job offer.
Swedish Work Visa Process 2023
The following two ways can be used to get a hold of a Sweden Work visa;
- Online application
- Or apply through the consulate-general or Sweden embassy.
It is the easiest way to apply for a work visa, and the process takes less time than other means. This process includes the following steps;
- GET A JOB OFFER – you must obtain a job in Sweden before applying for a work visa, and the advertisement for the job must have been published 10 days before the offered job position.
- ACQUIRE A WORK PERMIT – Your employer must initiate the process of applying for a work visa by acquiring a work permit for you. Send all your details to the employer, including; name, DOB, education, nationality, Email, etc.
- EMAIL – After completing a job offer, you will receive an email containing all the information on applying for a work permit.
- ATTACH DOCUMENTS – attach all the scanned documents and power of attorney with your application form.
- APPLICATION FEES – Pay the application fee, and you will receive the application submission email.
- PROCESS TIME – application process time will be short if you have submitted all the information and documents correctly. The Swedish Migration Agency will review your application.
- RESIDENCE PERMIT CARD – a residence permit card will be provided to the selected candidates for a 90-day stay in Sweden.
The process of application through Sweden’s embassy or consulate comprises the following steps;
- APPOINTMENT – Candidates need to book an appointment with the embassy or consulate.
- APPLICATION FORM – after receiving an application form from the embassy, candidates will need to fill out the form according to the instructions given on the form. You must sign the form at the end.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS – Candidates must attach all the required documents, including; passport pages, a letter of job contract, or an offer from the employer.
- SUBMIT THE FORM – submit the form to the embassy or consulate-general.
- ANSWER – upon successful submission, you will be notified of the decision through Email or call.
Sweden Work Visa Processing time
The processing time starts from the day you submit your application form to the embassy or consulate or through an online process, and it could take up to two months to 12 months, depending upon the industry you are working in.
Sweden Work Visa Fees
The average cost of a Sweden Work Visa is €190, which also depends on the type of occupation you are applying for. After the payment for the application, applicants must keep the receipt with them.
Who doesn’t need to pay the application fee?
Citizens of Japan are exempted from paying the application fees for Sweden Work Visa.
How to acquire a residence permit for Sweden?
Once you have gotten a work visa and work permit and started working in Sweden, you can apply for a residence permit if you meet the following criteria;
- You can acquire a residence permit if you work in Sweden for four years.
- If you are self-employed and have enough resources to support yourself in Sweden, you can acquire a residence permit.
- If you work for the same employer in the same profession.
Related Post: Canada Work Permit without LMIA 2023
Validity of a Sweden Work Visa?
The Sweden work visa is valid for two years as long as your employment lasts.
This comprehensive guide regarding the Swedish Work visa contains all the essential details you must know before applying. Candidates looking for information regarding the Sweden work visa must read all the information in the post.