Sweden is an Excellent area to Study and realise Your Ambitions in 2023. It is among the most expensive places to study. Nonetheless, due to significant developments in education, students can now get a pricey education for free since they are able to earn prestigious Sweden Scholarships anywhere in the world.
To be eligible for the Sweden scholarships, you must have a valid student visa for Sweden. Therefore, we have developed this post to inform you about the Swedish student visa application process. All international students wishing to obtain a Higher Education Degree in Sweden must get a Swedish student visa. This will allow you to enter Swedish territory and begin your studies there. Additionally, candidates will need a residence permit for the duration of their stay in the country.
To make this process easier for you, we will examine the Student Visa Application Process for Sweden and Clarify All of Its Needs and Specifics. Therefore, continue reading the post to learn all the specifics.
Sweden Student Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Sweden
- Eligible Nationals: International Students
- Category: Student Visa for Sweden
Also, Check: Germany Study Visa Requirements in 2023
What is a Residence Permit in Sweden?
The residence permit or Sweden Student visa is a pass that allows non-EU/EEA citizens to stay, study, and work in Sweden. So, one must obtain a student visa for study purposes and a residence permit to stay in Sweden.
The procedure for a Student Visa for Sweden
Certain steps are involved in the procedure of acquiring a Student Visa for Sweden, such as;
- Factors involved in Student Visa
- Documents required for Student Visa
- Processing Fee
- Embassy visit
- Interview call
- Online application results
- Language Requirements
- Financial evidence
- Work-Study on Student Visa
- Permit Extension
- Records as are necessary for a permit extension
- Rejection reasons
- Application Process
Let’s briefly discuss all these points to make it clearer for you.
#1. Factors involved in Student Visa.
The following factors are involved in acquiring a Student Visa for Sweden;
- Country of origin
- Previously obtained a residence permit.
- Permanent resident of EU countries.
#2. Documents required for Student Visa for Sweden.
You will need the following documents if you want to apply for a Swedish student visa;
- A valid passport with at least two blank pages
- A record with the purpose of visit details
- A document or proof of acceptance to Sweden University
- Evidence of financial resources
- Medical insurance of at least 30,000 Euros
- Proof that you will leave the country as soon as the visa expires
- Passport-size photographs at most six months.
#3. Processing Fee charges.
The applicants must submit the Student Visa application fee charges through a credit card for the online application process. Otherwise, you must pay the fee in cash to the Swedish Migration Agency or the embassy. The application fee is non-refundable.
- For adults – 1500 SEK
- For children – 750 SEK.
#4. Embassy visit.
You will need to visit the nearby embassy of Sweden in your country, to submit all the documents and application forms for the Student Visa for Sweden.
#5. Interview call.
You will receive an email for your interview call. You will need to attend the interview call at the time mentioned in the email. Take all the documents along with you on the day of the interview.
#6. Online application results.
The applicants will receive an email for their online application form.
#7. Language Requirements.
To get admission to the Universities of Sweden, all students must show proof of their English language Proficiency. It can be in the form of IELTS/TOEFL certificates. You will need the following scores for these tests,
- IELTS – 0
- TOEFL iBT – 72
#8. Financial Evidence.
All applicants must provide proof of spending at least 450 SEK each day. This will help you in acquiring a residence permit.
You will also need to provide the bank statements of your accounts. If more than two accounts are available, you will need to share the details of all accounts.
#9. Work-Study on Student Visa.
All students are allowed to work as part-time workers on a student visa. The Swedish government does not restrict students from getting jobs or making money. The average salary as a part-time worker is SEK 700-1000.
#10. Permit Extension.
The permit validation is about one year. You must apply for a permit extension if your stay is extended for more than a year. You must apply for the extension six months before the expiry date.
Documents required for a Permit Extension.
- Valid passport
- Must be a student of higher education institutions in Sweden.
- Must show academic excellence
- They must be able to support themselves financially.
#11. Rejection Reasons.
There are the following reasons; a student gets rejection for the Student Visa to Sweden;
- Insufficient funds
- Incomplete documents
- Poor communication skills
- Fraud in documents
- Unsatisfactory answers during the time of the interview.
Also, Check: SI Scholarship for Global Professionals
Sweden Student Visa Application Process
If you are concerned about where to apply for the Student Visa for Sweden, then read the instructions below;
- Apply online through the Swedish Migration Agency website, or you can apply through any local Sweden embassy in your country.
- Fill out an application form on the official website of the Swedish Migration Agency.
- Enter all the required fields
- Attach all the required documents stated above.
- The application process takes up to 3 to 4 months.
For more details regarding the Swedish Student Visa, check the official link below:
So today, we have discussed the details of the Swedish Student Visa for international applicants; we have mentioned all the important points. All the students who want to pursue their education in Sweden are encouraged to go through this post and read all the given details. Best of Luck!
Please also do follow our Facebook Page ,WHATSAPP GROUP,, Telegram Group for the latest Scholarship Opportunities update