The application period for the UNESCO Internship 2023 is currently open. The UNESCO Paid International Internship is open to citizens of all nations. Candidates are not required to pay an application fee. UNESCO internships are available in several locations. The UNESCO Internship Programme is an opportunity for students and recent graduates to learn about UNESCO’s mandate, programs, and procedures as well as to improve their academic and technical knowledge through practical assignments.
The UNESCO internship lasts One Month and can be extended to Six Months based on your performance. You can also apply for a job after completing the internship. Age: Applicants must be at least 20 years old. Both men and women are eligible. Applicants may also apply for the fully-funded Hansen Summer Institute 2023 in the United States.
You must have exceptional written and oral mastery of English or French. Possessing a working knowledge of the other language (French or English) is an asset and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship positions at Headquarters. You must be able to work effectively in a team and adapt to an international workplace.
UNESCO Internship 2023 Details
- Organization: UNESCO
- Degree level: Master & PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Paid
- Deadline: Currently Opens Now
- Duration: The minimum duration of an internship is one month, and the maximum duration is six months.
- Visa: You should be responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
- Travel: You must arrange and finance your travel to the location where you will undertake your internship.
- Medical insurance: UNESCO will provide limited insurance coverage up to USD 30,000 against risk of illness, disability, or death during the internship period.
- Medical certificate: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide a medical certificate indicating you are fit to work.
- Supporting Documents: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide your ID/Certificate of Enrollment/Diploma (if you have just recently graduated).
- Leave: Interns are entitled to 2.5 days of leave per month during their internship.
Who Can Apply?
Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
At the time of your application to the internship program:
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent, second university degree or higher).
- You have recently graduated with a Master’s degree or PhD (or second degree as defined above), 12 months prior to the start of the internship.
Please note that candidates who have completed their full-time university studies but are not enrolled in a graduate programme are not eligible to apply.
Applicants in secretarial/assistant or technical/professional assignments must be enrolled in a secretarial school or in a specialized technical/professional institution, and must have reached the last year of their studies, or have recently graduated (within the last 12 months) from their school or institution.
Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French.
Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Application and Hiring Process
The recruitment process at UNESCO for Professional and General Service staff is as follows:
- Applying for a job
For Professional posts, you normally have two months to apply once a job is advertised on-line. For the General Service post, you normally have one month. Upon completing your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
After the closing date, a Committee will select candidates on the basis of their qualifications, experience and skills (including language), as well as other relevant knowledge and abilities required for the particular position.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview (phone interviews may be conducted beforehand to make a preliminary assessment). Reference checks will also be made relating to your previous professional experience.
A Panel will make the final evaluation on whether your profile matches the job.
An offer of appointment will be made to the successful candidate.
Other Opportunities at UNESCO
If you are looking for a short-term opportunity in support functions check HERE.
APPLY NOW ONLINE
Please also do follow our Facebook Page ,WHATSAPP GROUP,Telegram Group for the latest Scholarship Opportunities update