Portugal Visa Procedure 2023: Do you need assistance locating a more appropriate work visa? Then this post may assist you in selecting a better future alternative. This article will examine the Portugal Work Visa Requirements for 2023 in depth. Therefore, if you are not a citizen of the EU, you need a work visa to arrive and begin working there.
You can apply for a work visa if you have a job offer from a company or employer in Portugal. The technique is nearly identical to other Visa procedures. When you get a job, for instance, your employer will apply for a work permit on your behalf; after obtaining a work permit, you must apply for a work visa from Portugal.
In brief, the application process for any work visa is straightforward but could take longer to process due to the necessity of a particular procedure. To obtain a comprehensive understanding of the Portuguese work visa application process, you must read the entire article.
Portugal Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Portugal
- Eligible Countries: Foreigners
- Category: Work Visa
Also, Check: UNESCO Internship 2023 (Applications are Open)
Types of Portugal Work Visa
In this article, we will also inform you about the types of Portugal Work Visa so that you know which is better for your employment.
#1. Work Visa for Skilled Workers
If you are a well-qualified and skilled worker in Fields including; engineering, science, medicine, IT, or any other highly ranked field, then you will need a Skilled Worker Visa.
#2. Work Visa for Self employed
Candidates who have their businesses or offer services and want to work in Portugal will need to request a Self-employed visa and work as independent candidates.
#3. Work Visa for Highly Skilled workers
This type of work visa is for exceptionally well-qualified professionals with a salary of 1.5 times the gross annual salary of Portugal.
#4. Work Visa for Cultural Activities
You will need to apply for a cultural activity Work Visa if you want to join any cultural event in Portugal.
#5. Work Visa for Teaching
If you get an offer to work as a teacher in an educational or vocational training centre or institution, you could apply for a Teaching work visa.
#6. Tech visa
You can request a Tech visa if you get an offer from a technology or innovation-based company.
Do I Need a Work Visa in Portugal?
Yes, everyone needs a work visa to enter any country. And if you want to enter Portugal based on work, you will need a work visa. Whereas, if you are a national of the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you don’t require a work visa, but you will need a residence certificate if you are planning to stay for longer than three months.
Portugal Work Visa Requirements 2023.
You will need the following essential documents for your Portugal Work Visa process. Such as;
- A valid passport
- Passport size photographs; you need to fulfil the Portugal visa picture guidelines.
- Proof of living a sustainable life in the country.
- Your clean criminal records.
- A document with a statement of approval to SEF to check your criminal records.
- Evidence of health insurance
- Evidence of living in Portugal.
- Contract of employment
- If you are a citizen or already living in Portugal, you must provide proof of stay.
- All documents must be in English or Portuguese.
- All academic transcripts must be legalised.
Portugal Work Visa Applying Process.
Once you get a job offer, you will need to follow the three parts of the application process, such as;
- Your employer must apply for the work permit on Your behalf. This step should be taken before you take off for the country.
- Candidates can apply for a work visa at any near Embassy of Portugal.
- Once you have entered the country, the next step will be applying for a Residence permit. You can also apply for the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service (SEF).
Processing Time of Portugal Work Visa
Usually, the application process takes up to 60 days. And embassy takes up to 2-3 months to issue a visa to you. But sometimes, it can take a shorter time because of the type and nature of your employment.
Cost of Work Visa
You have to pay the application fee in more than one area of requirement, for instance;
- You will pay €90 for the cost of an entry visa.
- You will need to pay €83 for the application process for a residence permit.
- You will need to pay €72 after receiving the work permit from SEF.
What is the Validity period of a Portuguese Work Visa?
You receive a validity period of one to two years to live in Portugal after you receive your work visa permit. After that, you can also renew your work permit and request SEF for your visa renewal. Once you have completed five years of residency in Portugal, you candidates apply for Permanent residence.
When can I become a citizen of Portugal?
You can become a citizen of Portugal once you have completed your temporary or permanent residency of at least six years. After that, you can apply for Portuguese citizenship.
Can I Work in Portugal even if I’m studying?
Yes, you can work in Portugal as a full-time or part-time student at any Portuguese university or institution. Whereas the working hours depend on your nationality. For examples;
- Citizens of the EU/EEA or Switzerland can work for as long hours as they want.
- But If you are not q citizen of Switzerland or EU/EEA countries, then you are only eligible to work up to 20 hours as a part-time worker. But during semester breaks or holidays, you can work as a full-time employee.
Related Post: Emirates Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023 (Worldwide)
Can I Work in Portugal on Family Visa?
Yes, you can work on a family visa and study in Portugal. But you must contact the SEF.